2009

Hi, everyone. Before the requisite New Year's salutations, a couple of news blurbs.

My short story, "Two Fish To Feed The Masses" has been reprinted in the French horror magazine Borderline. The theme of the issue is zombies and this story fit right in. Funny, because the editor, Lionel Bernard, solicited the story from me (which originally appeared as an original piece in my old collection Christmas Trees and Monkeys) over a year and a half ago. Never heard back, so I assumed nothing happened with it. The other day, a slick magazine appeared in my mailbox from France, issue 11, with my story as the headline. Pretty nice! Anyway, if you can read French, check it out.

The anthology Coach's Midnight Diner 2, which had some financial problems getting off the ground last year, had gotten its legs and I hear will be released this month. It has my story, "Box," which was featured in a recent issue of Relief Journal last Fall as a way of promoting the Diner antho. The story will be the featured as the Editor's Choice for fiction in the issue, which I'm quite proud to hear. As I mentioned a while back, I'm pretty happy with this piece, probably one of my better ones. More as I hear about an official release date.

I hope everyone has a great 2009. We ended up braving the storm Wednesday night and did our annual First Night excursion into Worcester. Some great acts, and not too many lines this time around for obvious reasons. Then we returned home and watched Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve. I like Dick Clark, always enjoyed watching him, though it is a bit heart-wrenching to see him struggling so much post-stroke. Still, in a way, his brief statements are the only real part of the otherwise fluff ball-dropping hoo-ha. I don't make New Year's resolutions normally, myself, figuring if you're going to wait for New Years to resolve anything then you don't intend to do it, anyway. But this year, for various reasons, I'll make just this one - 2009 will not be 2008. In fact, 2008 will never happen again. Pretty simple, though probably harder than the obvious statement makes it sound.

Stay warm.
Dan

Comments

Popular Posts