2012 Wheels and Heels Against MS!

From my brother Paul:


On September 7 - 9,  my sister Anne and I will return to the roads and bike paths of Cape Cod for our 50-mile, 3-day journey to help stomp out Multiple Sclerosis. This year will mark my 10th event and Anne’s 8th as we remain determined to reach that day when MS is nothing but a memory.

I am starting to pick up the pace with my training.  I was able to complete a 14-mile walk last weekend with minimal wear and tear on the feet.  So I’m going into next month confident.
Multiple Sclerosis is a frightening disease that affects the central nervous system.  The symptoms may be mild (such as numbness in the limbs) or severe enough to cause blindness or paralysis. The severity and specifics of the symptoms of MS can’t yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease.
Your donations to the National MS Society not only help fund vital research, but also go towards helping those with their daily struggles.   In fact, my fellow Wheels-And-Heels teammate Nicole told me that her Mom, who has advanced MS, received a great deal of aid from the Society this year in making much-needed renovations to her home. 
As in the past, there are two ways you can donate.   No amount is too small.


  • The fastest and most convenient way would be to visit our web site at:

  •  You can also mail a check to me or Anne, making it out to The National MS Society
Our addresses are:
Paul Keohane                           Anne Murphy            
2 Jillian Rose Dr                       13 Apache Way
Oxford, MA 01540                  Tewksbury, MA 01876
 Thank you all so very much for your continued support!!
Paul Keohane

Comments

Popular Posts