17,700

Sorry it's so late... Well, considering that we were on a family vacation for most of last week, not a bad amount of words. Not at the level I want, but considering vacation usually = no words, 7000 ain't too bad. We'll see how this week fairs. Coming along well, still. As usual, as the first draft progresses the characters start doing things I don't expect, and I need to regroup.

Things continued to shine on the short story front. Just before leaving for vacation I learned that "Living by the Highway" has been accepted for publication in Cemetery Dance Magazine. This will be the third story I will have had in the pages CD, and I'm thrilled. For more on the story, click on the "Short Stories" link at the side menu of this blog.

On vacation, Janet & I watched the DVD for CRASH. I kept hearing good things about this, but it looked like it would such a bummer of a movie - (I thought the "crash" title implied a story of a druggie crashing, but I was wrong - one of the first lines spoken by one of the many major character - and I mean MANY characters - was that we live in such an isolated world, sometimes we need to crash into each other for the interaction. I totally messed up the line, but it's the general idea.) A big cast, where just about everyone in the movie is a bigot in one form or another, brilliantly played out, with a satisfying ending. No question it deserved the Oscar for best picture it took home.

Comments

Another in Cemetery Dance??? Holy Cow man! Congrats!!
Thanks. :-) Now if I can somehow get my name on the cover.....

Popular Posts