Miles of Gratitude from Paul Keohane and the MS Society

From my brother, Paul Keohane: 

Hi, everyone –

I wanted to drop you all a quick note to let you know how the MS Walk weekend went and to tell you how much I really appreciate your kind words and very generous support. 

Although the event at the Cape only lasted a day, it was so good to see old friends again as well as to meet new ones.  Throughout the day, I was surrounded by so many inspiring and dedicated people and their stories and actions only strengthened my resolve.  A major thank you goes out to Jim and Gina Duddy for meeting me along the route in Yarmouth that morning.   It was so great to see you!

With twenty miles in the books Friday, the walking was far from over.  On Saturday, I walked fifteen miles around my hometown of Oxford with Sarah and Holly joining me along the way.  My dog Maya helped me finish up my day as she dragged me through the final half mile.  😊


Finally, on Sunday, it was fifteen more miles around the Burlington area, getting to walk along my childhood streets again.  Thank you to Mom and Dad, Anne and Erin, Ellie, Holly, Sarah and Mario and my Aunt Ann for being there to support me.  Another thank you goes out to Jan Fuller, who met me along the way, cheering and being there with much needed water and snacks.

As far as the fundraising goes, I could not have asked for more.  The response from you every year is always fantastic but this year you outdid yourselves.  Counting the recent checks mailed, you have helped me raise over $7,000!!   I am so grateful to you all.

At the Cape on Friday night, we were all reminded that, only twenty years ago (when I started doing these events), there were three disease-modifying medications available and they were all self-injections.  Today, there are twenty-three such therapies with several of them being oral medications.  Progress is being made on all fronts and it is all thanks to your generosity.

Again, thank you all so much for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts