MS Walking in the Time of Covid

 Special letter from my brother Paul Keohane:

Hi, everyone –

2020 has been a strange year to say the very least.  I hope that you have been staying safe and that you and your families are healthy.

As you could have predicted, the MS Challenge Walk (like most events) has been negatively affected by the pandemic.  The MS Society wisely decided to make the event virtual, meaning there’ll be online programs throughout the weekend but no gathering and walking at the Cape.  I’m really going to miss seeing my friends there as well as enjoying the enthusiasm and support of the event volunteers.

Although the Cape walk is officially cancelled, I remain determined to get in those 50 miles, so am currently mapping out a few different routes for that weekendwhich is 

September 11-13.   

On that Friday, I plan on walking 20 miles throughout the Burlington area, making my Mom and Dad’s house and my sister Anne’s condo in Tewksbury rest stops along the way.   On Saturday and Sunday, my plan is to put in the remaining 30 miles around my neighborhood and surrounding Oxford area.   

The pandemic may have stopped the Cape festivities, but Multiple Sclerosis continues forward unaffected.  In fact, it adds another layer of compromise to an already horrible disease.

I know times are crazy for everyone right now, so any support you could give for this event would be even that much more appreciated.  No amount is too small!!   

Please know your support goes such a long way toward research and treatment, as well as greatly assisting those who are fighting and struggling with MS every day. 

As always, there are two ways you can help. 

  • The fastest and most convenient way would be to visit my fundraising page at: 

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?fr_id=30996&pg=personal&px=17227995


  • You can also mail me a check, making it out to The National MS Society.  

My address is:             

2 Jillian Rose Dr                  

Oxford, MA 01540

Thank you all so very much!!!!

Paul Keohane

Comments

Popular Posts