MS Challenge Walk 2021! A Letter From Brother Paul:

 Hi, everyone –

I can’t believe another year has come and gone with the MS Challenge Walk right around the corner.  After being held virtually last year, the walk will once again be hosted at Cape Cod.  This time the route will take us from our usual start in Hyannis to the Sandwich area and back over the course of our three days.  I’m very much looking forward to walking alongside my Cape friends again and seeing all of the wonderful people who host and volunteer at the event.

This year’s 50-mile journey kicks off on Friday, September 10th and finishes on Sunday, September 12th.

Given the unease that still exists these days, my sister Anne has decided that it would be best for her not to participate.  She does, though, plan to meet us all at the finish line on Sunday.  Her smiling face will be a very welcome sight as we head down that final stretch. 

In addition to devoting every step of my fifty-mile trek to my sister, there are a few more people that will be on my mind and in my heart this year.  This past Fall, my friend Nicole (who has done the walk with me for many years) lost her mother, Debra Valcanas, after a long battle with MS.  Also, just this past June, my friends Kathy and John Steinmann similarly lost their father Robert. 

With every year comes powerful reminders of why I still walk and why I will continue to help fight MS in any way that I can.  I so appreciate each and every one of you who has fought along with me as I continue to ask you for donations.  You will never know how much my sister Anne and I appreciate your incredibly generous support.

Please know that your support goes such a long way toward research and treatment, as well as greatly assisting those who are fighting and struggling with MS every day.   

This year, I have raised my fundraising goal to $4,500 so any amount you can give will be greatly appreciated!  The site also has the option for monthly donations if you would like to spread your amount over time.

As always, there are two main ways you can donate:   

The fastest and most convenient way would be to visit my fundraising page at:

https://mssociety.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=27391

You can also mail me a check, making it out to The National MS Society. 

My address is:                  

    2 Jillian Rose Dr 

    Oxford, MA 01540

Thank you all so very much!!!!


Paul Keohane

Comments

Popular Posts