The Year 2021 Retrospective #1, writing

Happy New Year, everyone. So, on 1/1/21 I set a writing goal of 300,000 words and I kept right at its heels all year. Ended with 277,000 words written (tracked via NaNoWriMo page). Finished one novel, began and finished another, close to finishing first draft of another, edited an anthology of stories for the NEHW, wrote a ton of articles and a handful of short stories. In retrospect, pretty happy. One thing I committed to early on to was to get up an hour early (5:30) every day and write, before kids wake up and the day's commitments creep in. Second half of the year took a buyout from work and had more free time which I used successfully early on, then began to squander. I need tight timelines or I get lazy. It's been a crazy year in the world, but even when everyone around you is screaming to join them in misery, look back at the year and find the things you're proud of. '22 here we come.

Comments

Popular Posts