phew... made it. Typed THE END

Trust me, nothing quite matches the feeling, now I'm talking writing-wise here, of typing THE END at the completion of a story. Just did that a little while ago. Finished a long-fought battle with - well, not sure what is is I'm fighting - to write my first short story in about 2 years. The title is coming soon, and the story itself is only a first draft, riddled with typos and grammar problems, but now's the chore - or pleasure - of rewriting and trumming it down. 4900 words, so in the end it'll likely be around 3900-4000.... I'd promised it for an upcoming anthology a while ago and though the story itself came to me nearly complete months ago, took forever to get the words down (see earlier posts on this).

Anyway, yay, got it done. More to do, more to write, more to be, but that's life. So much coming up in next couple of days.

Getting married in two more days. Yep. Most people in our various circles already know this, but I'll wager not everyone. No matter. Linda and I are very happy and excited about it. Going to be a small ceremony, then off to Newport for the day. Watch the fireworks. Be married. Going to be fun. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts