Woods, Plagues, Boxes and Penguins

I've been outlining what I think might be the next novel, Lost in the Woods, and it's looking pretty good. However, I've also been taking another look at Plague of Locusts, which I'd put on hiatus early last year. One of those crossroads I'm at, where to go now that Destroyer of Worlds is done. I had a dream last night that I started in on one of them, or maybe it was an entirely new one - I can't remember the details, nor which book it was. I suppose that's no real help, then.

I did finish up a new short story called "Box" which I'm planning to submit to the anthology Coach's Midnight Diner. Need to read through one more time and send it out, and see if it's a fit or not, or if they even like it. Still, I enjoyed writing the story, and special thanks to Holly Wang, who works with my wife, for some key translations into Mandarin Chinese.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a review for Margaret's Ark as part of the Amazon breakthrough Novel contest. A few people told me they left a review but it never posted. Seems this has been a problem, but it has been fixed. However Amazon did not re-post the lost ones, so unfortunately they're gone. Still, I've got 8 reviews, and they've been quite kind and instructive. Penguin Books will be announcing the Top 100 Semi-Finalists in two weeks, on February 19th. These will be out of the 836 Semi-Finalists, so competition is still fierce. Fingers crossed, and prayers welcome. :-) That's my goal - to make it to the top 100, at which time Penguin editors will read the complete manuscripts. Very welcome attention. We'll see how things wash out.

Comments

Popular Posts