My photo
(pronounced Ko-Hane)
Dan is the Bram Stoker-nominated author of Plague of Darkness, Solomon’s Grave, and the critically-acclaimed Margaret's Ark. Writing as G. Daniel Gunn, he released Destroyer of Worlds and the novella (written with L.L.Soares) Nightmare in Greasepaint (Samhain Publishing),. His short stories have appeared in Cemetery Dance, Shroud Magazine, Apex Digest and many more. He and his family live in New England.

Friday, November 02, 2007

It's Done! (well, sort of)

Just finished typing my final edits into the manuscript for Destroyer of Worlds. Man! I love how this thing ends, and I have to say Hank Cowles is the best baddie I've ever written, well, him and Nurse Charles. Felt GREAT last night in Barnes & Noble, while waiting for Amanda's dance class to end, to scribble the final edit on the print-out, and felt just as good a moment ago when I typed this last change into the manuscript.

My final changes were done on November 2nd. Two days off my self-imposed deadline. 7 months total from the day I started the outline, and I really, really am happy with the final result.

But... what I think doesn't count. Not yet. Book's not done. It's currently under the editorial microscope of three fine, able proofreaders: Mark Lowell, Fran Bellerive and Michelle Pendergrass. So far the comments coming in have been great (not as in, 'This is great!' though the response has been positive - trust me, if you're new to my world, this is not a common event.. lol.. but as in lots of very constructive suggestions). Life at home has been so busy Janet hasn't had a chance to pick it up yet, but she will. She may be my wife but she's just as ruthless as the rest. The perfect attribute for a proofreader.

Anyway, just happy with myself at the moment. We have so few of these self-congratulatory moments. Felt like posting.

Back to work. Miles to go before I sleep....

Dan

1 comment:

Michelle Pendergrass said...

YEAH!!!!!!

I can't wait til I finish mine. :)